[dpdk-stable] Stable Tree coming to life

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Mon Sep 26 11:16:26 CEST 2016

Hi,
first of all thank you all so much. It is great to see the stable tree
finally getting patches.

I wanted to clarify one thing though. I know it was discussed initially but
I haven't found the consensus and it didn't get to a doc file that I'd have
found either.

Will the stable tree just hold a continues series of fixes on top of DPDK
(16.07 in the current case)?
Or will there be "releases" of the stable tree which are considered more
tested?
Like releasing 16.07.1 along 16.11 or such?

In case I just lost too much grip of the old thread feel free to just pass
me a ML link in which part it was defined.

Kind Regards,

--
Christian Ehrhardt
Software Engineer, Ubuntu Server