[dpdk-stable] 16.11 LTS release date?

Yuanhan Liu yuanhan.liu at linux.intel.com
Fri Feb 24 04:56:22 CET 2017

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 09:54:45PM +0000, John Daley (johndale) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> According to http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/contributing/stable.html, the current DPDK LTS release is 16.11. It wasn't clear to me when it would be released- is it sometime after release N+1? If so, N+1 has happened (17.02).

Yes.

> I see the 16.11 branch, tag and tarball on dpdk-stable, but it wasn't labeled 'LTS' or announced or put on the dpdk.org download page.

dpdk.org update is (slowly) ongoing, sorry.

> Is there still testing or more patches to pull in,

Yes, it's now open for testing and review (something like should
this commit be in a stable release, do we miss commits important?).

> or some other reason it's not announced? Sorry in advance if I missed something...

It's announced, both on the stable and dev mailing list:

    http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2017-February/057951.html

Quotes:

    Hi all,

    Here is a list of patches targeted for 16.11.1 release. Please help
    review and test. The planned date for the final release is 2nd, Mar.
    Before that, please shout if anyone has objections with these patches
    being applied, or if I missed some important fixes.

    These patches are located at branch 16.11 of dpdk-stable repo:
        http://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk-stable/

    Thanks.

	--yliu