[dpdk-stable] filenames of DPDK stable packages

Richardson, Bruce bruce.richardson at intel.com
Tue Jul 17 15:34:38 CEST 2018

Hi all,

looking to update the DPDK port in FreeBSD and was going to use the stable LTS trees rather than bleeding edge, but it proved more difficult than I would like because of filenames. The regular DPDK releases all use standard names, where "dpdk-x.y.tar.gz" unzips to a folder called "dpdk-x.y". However, for the stable releases like "dpdk-17.11.3.tar.gz", they unzip to a folder called "dpdk-stable-17.11.3" - i.e. the package name and unzipped names do not match. This is obviously something that can be worked around, but it's a bit of a pain.

Therefore a small ask - can we please provide a package for stable releases where the standard naming convention is used. I quite like having the "dpdk-stable" in the name, so perhaps as well as the regular tarball, could we also have a copy on the server called e.g. "dpdk-stable-17.11.3.tar.gz"?

Thanks,
/Bruce