[dpdk-stable] filenames of DPDK stable packages

Luca Boccassi bluca at debian.org
Mon Jul 23 19:07:33 CEST 2018

On Tue, 2018-07-17 at 13:34 +0000, Richardson, Bruce wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> looking to update the DPDK port in FreeBSD and was going to use the
> stable LTS trees rather than bleeding edge, but it proved more
> difficult than I would like because of filenames. The regular DPDK
> releases all use standard names, where "dpdk-x.y.tar.gz" unzips to a
> folder called "dpdk-x.y". However, for the stable releases like
> "dpdk-17.11.3.tar.gz", they unzip to a folder called "dpdk-stable-
> 17.11.3" - i.e. the package name and unzipped names do not match.
> This is obviously something that can be worked around, but it's a bit
> of a pain.
>
> Therefore a small ask - can we please provide a package for stable
> releases where the standard naming convention is used. I quite like
> having the "dpdk-stable" in the name, so perhaps as well as the
> regular tarball, could we also have a copy on the server called e.g.
> "dpdk-stable-17.11.3.tar.gz"?
>
> Thanks,
> /Bruce

Hi Bruce,

It would be perfectly fine to me to have an additional copy of the
tarball, however all we maintainers do is push a tag, then the cgit
server does all the magic. The directory name I guess it's based on the
git root directory name on the server.

Thomas, any idea how to do what Bruce is asking?

--
Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi