[dpdk-users] mbuf free cnt not decreasing

Javier Coleto Fernández javicoleto44 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 10:34:03 CEST 2016

Hello,

I've developed an application using DPDK to make forwarding and
encapsulation/decapsulation between two end nodes.
This application uses two eth interfaces and creates two KNI interfaces to
forward the packets:
- the encapsulated ones through the eth interfaces
- the not encapsulated (standard packets) through the KNI interfaces
The problem I'm facing is my mbuf free count (as given by
rte_mempool_free_count()) keeps increasing and tops at ~8130. Being 8192
the size of the mempool, that stops the packet processing and my
application stops forwarding.
Any clues about what I could do to liberate the free mbufs back to the
mempool?

Regards,
Javier