[dpdk-users] Compilation errors with msg sys/cdef.h: No such file or directory

Nagaraj Trivedi nagaraj.trivedi at tcs.com
Mon Jan 11 06:52:55 CET 2016

Hi All, as part of DPDK compilation I have executed the following command

make install T=i686-native-linuxapp-gcc

It is throwing error message saying

In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:27:0,
        from
/<path-to-dpdk-dir>/dpdk/lib/librte_eal/linuxapp/eal/eal.c:35:
/usr/include/features.h:374:25: fatal error: sys/cdefs.h: No such file or
directory

# include <sys/cdefs.h>

Compilation terminated

Please let me know what could be the reasons

Thanks & Regards
Nagaraj Trivedi

Experience certainty.   IT Services
                        Business Solutions