[dpdk-users] Compilation errors with msg sys/cdef.h: No such file or directory

Wiles, Keith keith.wiles at intel.com
Mon Jan 11 15:57:06 CET 2016

On 1/10/16, 11:52 PM, "users on behalf of Nagaraj Trivedi" <users-bounces at dpdk.org on behalf of nagaraj.trivedi at tcs.com> wrote:

>Hi All, as part of DPDK compilation I have executed the following command
>
>make install T=i686-native-linuxapp-gcc
>
>It is throwing error message saying
>
>In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:27:0,
>        from
>/<path-to-dpdk-dir>/dpdk/lib/librte_eal/linuxapp/eal/eal.c:35:
>/usr/include/features.h:374:25: fatal error: sys/cdefs.h: No such file or
>directory
>
># include <sys/cdefs.h>
>
>Compilation terminated
>
>Please let me know what could be the reasons

Hi Niagara,

Please give us a bit more information like the Linux version and distro.

Eg.
rkwiles at rkwiles-supermicro:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
Release:	15.10
Codename:	wily

I am going to assume your Linux distribution does not have sys/cdefs.h in the same location as other distros. Please run a find on your system and see if cdefs.h is located some place else in the system then /usr/include/sys/cdefs.h

Thanks
++Keith

>Thanks & Regards
>Nagaraj Trivedi

>Experience certainty.   IT Services
>                        Business Solutions
>                        Consulting
>=====-----=====-----=====
>Notice: The information contained in this e-mail
>message and/or attachments to it may contain
>confidential or privileged information. If you are
>not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use,
>review, distribution, printing or copying of the
>information contained in this e-mail message
>and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If
>you have received this communication in error,
>please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and
>immediately and permanently delete the message
>and any attachments. Thank you

Regards,
Keith