[dpdk-users] Request an example config for DPDK IP PIPELINE

Singh, Jasvinder jasvinder.singh at intel.com
Mon Jan 25 18:18:32 CET 2016

From: Royce Niu [mailto:royceniu at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2016 5:10 PM
To: Singh, Jasvinder
Cc: Royce Niu; Thomas Monjalon; users at dpdk.org
Subject: Re: [dpdk-users] Request an example config for DPDK IP PIPELINE

Thanks!

I am not sure it is okay to ask an related question here:

When I run any config in config folder, for example, l2fwd, there is already an error:

PANIC in app_init_core_mask():
Cannot create CPU core mask

I only deleted two queues, since I have two interfaces. And other configs in that folder will also cause this error.

I am using DPDK 2.2 and sure the installation is good, since helloworld and l2fwd (not pipeline) examples are ok.

[Jasvinder]-  What command are you using to run the l2fwd(pipeline)? Send the error log.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 1:00 AM, Singh, Jasvinder <jasvinder.singh at intel.com<mailto:jasvinder.singh at intel.com>> wrote:
Hi Royce,

> [...]

Firewall component exists in IP_Pipeline sample application.
Please check
http://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk/tree/examples/ip_pipeline/config/edge_router_upstream.cfg

In the above configuration file, firewall has been set up as first pipeline in the chain. You can learn the configuration parameters of the firewall from this file.

For firewall rules, please check
http://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk/tree/examples/ip_pipeline/config/edge_router_upstream.sh

 In the above script file, the rules have been defined for firewall pipeline.

Thanks,
Jasvinder

Royce Niu