[dpdk-users] How to enable trust for a VF managed by vfio-pci driver

lgy lgy.bupt at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 22:42:28 CEST 2016

Hi,

I'd like to enable promiscuous mode for a VF and the solution I found
online is to make it trust, so I first created the VF using i40e driver
(version: 1.5.16) and use the command *ip link set eth8 vf 0 trust on* to
configure it. Then I bind this VF to vfio-pci so it can be used by DPDK
application, but the promiscuous mode is not working. My guess is when I
unbind it from i40evf and bind to vfio-pci, the trust configuration has
been reset to off, so I'm wondering how to enable promiscuous mode for a VF
not managed by i40e driver?

Thanks,
Grace