[dpdk-users] Which coremask and "-n" (number of mem channels) should be used for a system with only "node1" (no "node0") and 2 sockets ?

Kevin Wilson wkevils at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 08:51:42 CEST 2016

Hello,
I have a machine on which there is a bit non common setup: I have only
"node1" (no node0) under /sys/devices/system/node:
ls /sys/devices/system/node/
node1

I have 2 sockets on this machines, and 16 cores:

./tools/cpu_layout.py
Core and Socket Information (as reported by '/proc/cpuinfo')

cores =  [0, 1, 2, 3]
sockets =  [0, 1]

       Socket 0        Socket 1
       --------        --------
Core 0 [0, 8]          [4, 12]
Core 1 [1, 9]          [5, 13]
Core 2 [2, 10]         [6, 14]
Core 3 [3, 11]         [7, 15]

What should be the "-c" and "-n"  EAL paramaters that I should use ? I
 made several trials but
none of them succeeded, applications cannot start.

Please let me know if anything else is needed.

Regards,
Kevin