[dpdk-users] pkts not transmitting with DPDK 2.2.0

Jesper Wramberg jesper.wramberg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 10:57:17 CEST 2016

Hey Toby,

It seems you are using a VF yes ? I did some testing of SR-IOV a while ago
on an Intel NIC. I remember having to fiddle with it to get it working, so
here are a new notes/questions you might find useful (or maybe not :-)).

Are there any errors in the stats on the physical function (ethtool -S
<linux PF interface>) ?
Since you are receiving packets the MAC is probably correct. But anyway:
Did you check the MAC addresses of the VF using "ip link show <linux PF
interface>" - do they match what DPDK uses ?
Is spoof checking enabled on the PF ?

My tests were with an XL710 only using Linux (no DPDK). To be able to TX
from the VF after changing stuff with "ip link set..." I think I may have
had to reset the VF or PF using "ip link set .. down/up".

I know I'm not exactly providing any answers here - and my memory isn't
helping - but maybe something can point you in the right direction.

Regards,
Jesper