[dpdk-users] Ability to clear/reset pipeline table?

Bradley Kite bradley.kite at gmail.com
Mon May 16 18:32:10 CEST 2016

Hi there,

The application I am writing needs to be able to clear all entries from a
table and then bulk-load a new set of entries - eg due to a "commit" action
by a user when applying new configuration, or perhaps by a CLI command (eg
to clear a NAT table).

I could not find a particularly easy way of doing this via the API's, so am
I correct in thinking that I need the application to also keep lists of all
keys within the table and then call rte_pipeline_table_entry_delete_bulk()
followed by rte_pipeline_table_entry_add_bulk()?

Does this approach not require twice as much memory if both the application
and the DPDK library keep copies of the keys for a table?

Any help or advice would be most appreciated.

Many thanks
--
Brad.