[dpdk-users] Questions on ipsec-secgw sample application and DPDK’s crypto framework

Chinmaya Dwibedy ckdwibedy at gmail.com
Tue May 17 11:10:05 CEST 2016

Hi All,

Can the ipsec-secgw sample application (
http://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk/tree/examples/ipsec-secgw) be run on VM which
has access to Intel® QuickAssist Technology hardware device?  Please
clarify.  Note: both the DPDK package and the QuickAssist Technology
Software Library installed on this VM.

What I understand, we need not to call Intel QuickAssist Technology
Cryptographic API () for crypto operation (encryption, decryption,
authentication processing). The DPDK’s crypto framework and QAT PMD (driver
for Intel’s QuickAssist Technology device) takes care of them. Please
correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Chinmaya