[dpdk-users] Questions on ipsec-secgw sample application and DPDK’s crypto framework

Sergio Gonzalez Monroy sergio.gonzalez.monroy at intel.com
Tue May 17 12:57:44 CEST 2016

Hi,

IPSec app can run with or without QAT.
DPDK Cryptodev also has Software encryption for those platforms without
Crypto Hardware offloads.
AES-NI MB and GCM PMDs are examples of Software Cryptodevs.

I suggest that you read the following documentation for more details:
http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/cryptodevs/index.html

To run DPDK IPSec app in a VM using QAT PMD, at the moment you would
need a Linux kernel 4.4+, create your QAT VFs, then assign the VFs to
your VM.

If you are having problems, I would recommend that you run on the host
first if possible.

Sergio