[dpdk-users] Tx/Rx not increasing on DPDK interface

abhishek jain ashujain9727 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 12:14:51 CET 2017

Hi Team

I'm having one physical interface configured as DPDK interface using below
command..

dpdk_nic_bind --bind=igb_uio  0000:03:00.1

and it succesffluy appears in DPDK configured interfaces..

 dpdk_nic_bind --status

Network devices using DPDK-compatible driver
0000:03:00.1 'Ethernet Connection X552/X557-AT 10GBASE-T' drv=igb_uio
unused=vfio-pci,uio_pci_generic

Once it is configured,I'm adding this interface in OVS-DPDK bridge using
below command..

ovs-vsctl add-port br-int eth3 tag=4 -- set Interface eth3
type=dpdkvhostuser options:dpdk-devargs=0000:03:00.1

After this configuration,when I'm sending traffic from physical
interface,I'm not able to see any packets reaching OVS br-int .

 tcpdump -i br-int

Hoever once I unbind the physical interface  with ixgbe driver,I'm able to
see the packets reaching OVS DPDK br-int.

Please let me know regarding this.

Regars
Abhishek Jain