[dpdk-users] bug: pktgen-dpdk leaves terminal in abnormal state, no text or cursor

McCullough, Harrison harrison_mccullough at labs.att.com
Tue Jun 27 22:23:38 CEST 2017

When I start pktgen-dpdk just like the example in the documentation, like this:

./test_pmd -c 0x3 -n 2

And then quit by typing 'quit' or 'Ctrl-x' and hitting enter, my terminal is
left in a very abnormal state. I can see my PS1 showing up but the cursor does
not move and text does not appear when I type. At first I assumed it was frozen,
but eventually I discovered that my commands were working and I could see the
output of commands, but the text that I type doesn't show up.

If I use the `reset` command then everything goes back to normal.

I am using PuTTY from Windows 7 to connect to a Ubuntu 14.04 server.