[dpdk-users] DPDK Pktgen Stats Help

Wiles, Keith keith.wiles at intel.com
Thu Mar 2 08:12:01 CET 2017

> On Mar 1, 2017, at 2:29 PM, Philip Lee <plee2 at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Is there a specific support location for pktgen help? I've tried
> posting on the Github page, but am still waiting on replies.
>
> I'm having trouble getting the rate statistics to show up. The DPDK
> API rte_eth_stats_get() is used in pktgen.c to get the stats, but the
> results are all 0.
>
> The setup are two Netronome NICs connected to each other with DPDK
> driver on the one virtual function on each. We do not have Netronome's
> OvS software installed on the system, but have their Agilio P4C SDK
> RTE installed. The command we use follow as such: ./pktgen -c 0x1f -n
> 1 -- -m [1:2].0

The problem appears to be with the Netronome PMD as the get_stats call just calls in to the PMD to get the stats. I would look in the PMD and see if they support stats gathering. Should be a table in the driver to tell ethdev which function to call. This really is not a Pktgen problem, but a DPDK/Netronome PMD problem.

> Pictures + more details can be found here:
> https://github.com/pktgen/Pktgen-DPDK/issues/88
>
> Anyone know what could be wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Philip