[dpdk-users] Endianness of the EtherType value of EtherType filters

Fu, Qiaobin qiaobinf at bu.edu
Thu Nov 16 06:09:59 CET 2017

Hello,

Currently, I am using the EtherType filters in our system. For the 82599 NIC, the EtherType value of each EtherType filter should be passed in little endian order according to the 82599 datasheet. I wonder whether this is the case with all NICs that support the EtherType filter? From the link here http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/nics/overview.html, I get the list of networking drivers that support EtherType filters.

Could anyone point me some hints on this? Thanks.

Best,
Qiaobin