[dpdk-users] IP PIPELINE tap device

longtb5 at viettel.com.vn longtb5 at viettel.com.vn
Mon Oct 30 12:09:25 CET 2017

Hi,
I'm writing a new pipeline type called pipeline_tap, which has one input and
two outputs. The outputs are simply duplications of the input, so basically
like a l2fwd but with two outputs. There has already been great suggestions
[1] on the mailing list to use the l2fwd sample app as a starting point, but
I want to implement this using IP pipeline/packet framework as I would like
to use this device in my IP pipeline application.

As I understand here's what I must provide in order to make my pipeline_tap:
an input port, at least one table, and two output ports.

I have a couple of questions:
First, according to the doc [2], my input port can only be connected to one
table. Moreover, a packet coming from my input port can only hit one table
entry. However it's not clear whether that one table entry can be connected
to TWO output ports.
Second, I'm having trouble understanding the implementation for table user
actions and table reserved actions in rte_pipeline_run() [3], with all the
mask thingy. Any pointers would be highly appreciated!

Regards,
BL

[1] http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2015-July/021293.html
[2]