[dpdk-users] distributor and flow_id

A. Ilchinger a.ilchinger at gmx-topmail.de
Sun Apr 15 11:41:56 CEST 2018

Hello,
how can I get and set the flow id of packets that are processed by the
distributor? I'd like to go with burst mode, so I only have 15 bits of
flow_id to work with according to the docs. But where do they come
from? My assumption is that its the 5-tuple hash (ip_src, ip_dst,
l4_port_src, l4_port_dst, l4_proto), but do I have to calculate the
hash manually or is there already code in DPDK that does this for me?

The docs also say: "As it does so, it examines the “tag” – stored in
the RSS hash field in the mbuf – for each packet and records what tags
are being processed by each worker."

Does this mean my workers have to set the tag field manually?

Kind regards